Keith Kanneg, Star Wars The Old Republic’s Game Producer, updated us today with what was happening with the Road Map. It is taking him longer than he thought due to real life stuff and other things. Keith apologised for the delay but promises to keep communicating with us about the Road Map. He does intend to give it to us ASAP though and we can expect it by the end of the month at the latest.
In the meantime, he revealed some of what was coming in Game Update 5.2.2 (scheduled for mid-June):
- The Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event returns with old and some awesome new rewards. (Nice!)
- New Character Perks to increase your speeder piloting speed to 120% and 130% (HYPE!)
- Companions will gain influence through standard crew skill missions. (Love this!)
- Full Tier 1 gear available from existing Fleet vendors using Command Tokens – this means you can obtain a full bonus gear set for under 800 Command Tokens. You will be able to choose the type of gear you want to purchase (DPS, Tank, or Healer). (No more 204 set piece armouring’s for me!)
- We made a variety of changes to Galactic Starfighter – primarily aimed at reducing the cost, increasing requisition rewards, and offering all players a Gunship and Bomber as standard ships (available in your hangar). (Hmm… okay)
He finished his post be reiterating that they had some exciting stuff planned for the players that he can’t wait to share!
I for one am very appreciative of Keith’s continued communication efforts and continue to be impressed by the high amount of communication we’ve been getting from him. I’m honestly not bothered in the slightest by the Road Map delay (we were only given a rough time frame anyway) and I can’t wait to see it at the end of May. Am I expecting it to be the best thing ever? Of course not! But I can’t help but feel hopeful about the game with Keith being in charge. He really needs to get on a Dev Stream soon!
Here is the Post he made in full (click on the image to enlarge):
Are you happy that Keith is continuing to keep us updated about the Road Map and his overall communication efforts in general? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter!